What is the digitization of a business?
Digitization provides huge growth opportunities for all types of businesses
Digitization is the process through which we convert any analogue information into digital with the aim of improving access to that information, either documents, photographs, Plans, Maps, etc. But it's not such a new procedure., after all, it does more than 20 years we have access to the Internet, and with it has changed the ecosystem in which we live.
Digitizing means transforming, involves all those actions that make use of digital methods to make each person's daily routines more efficient, or the operations of any organization or company. Digitization provides huge growth opportunities across the world, Sectors, regions and types of businesses.
Society has had to adapt to a new dynamic of life, mainly this year 2020 due to the health crisis that has caused the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. Jobs, communications, transactions, red tape, pretty much everything is done from a distance. Today more than ever it becomes necessary digitizing your business.
What is digital transformation?
Business digitization promotes your relationship with the customer
The digital transformation has a decisive impact on organizations of all sizes and in all sectors. It is about promoting the shift to innovative business models that take into question the different levels of a company: Organization, Personal, produce, Services, customer relations, distribution channels, online-offline interaction and more.
Faced with an increasingly digital consumer and an increasingly competitive market, companies need to reinvent themselves so they don't get obsolete. They must refocus their processes and their internal organization to foster their relationship with the customer. And in this plays a fundamental role the digitization of the company to move from a product-based business to becoming a customer-based business.
Benefits of digitizing your business
Digitizing your business reduces costs and increases your business productivity
The whole digitization process consists of learning to be alert, closer to our customers, more competitive, more attentive to technological changes and socio-cultural transformations.
Some of the benefits of digitizing your business are:
- Optimizes the customer experience: know and understand your customers' needs better to adapt and revive demand and improve the consumer experience.
- Reduce costs: establish direct contact with customers, Workers, Suppliers, shortens and even sometimes eliminates waiting times
- Increase productivity: digital transformation allows new processes to be implemented, develop new skills that make work a more productive dynamic. Speeding up work processes: detect potential problems, find the solutions and carry them out. Digitization allows you to make all decisions and make them faster.
- Expand business opportunities: the number of leads expands by having the Internet as a means to publicize your business and sell your products or services. Reaching customers will improve your online reputation and attract the most talented professionals in the industry.
Digital transformation of your business is important because implementing digital processes facilitates business efficiency and, therefore, produces better results while minimizing costs. If you want to stay competitive, digitization is an essential process to ensure business survival and growth.
Business digitization – factors to consider
Keys to business digitization
Enterprise digitization is not simply acquiring new devices or automating certain tasks, this phenomenon implies a change of mindset that will govern business culture. The use of technology in the business field always pursues a main objective: increased performance.
A process of this size is not limited to having a website and posting on social networks. You need to plan a comprehensive strategy that allows you to exploit all existing digital media.
Some of the key aspects of this process are:
- Reduced production costs: reduce production costs and have more profit margin or to offer more accessible products to your audience, it's something entrepreneurs are always looking for. There are multiple tools and software that can generate greater profitability and optimization of resources.
- Relying less on external conditions: with digitization and using strong and reliable platforms, operators could ensure the proper functioning of supply chains, without having to rely on conditions or external context, that sometimes I may not be favorable.
- Greater visibility: In addition to establishing our presence in the market, digitization of our business can bring us more added values (more information, greater transparency), as it is a direct channel of communication with the customer.
Getting Started to Digitize a Business
Initial guide to digitizing your business
To digitize your business it is important to follow guidelines that allow you to carry out the process successfully in order to achieve the objectives that you set for the growth of your company.
- Analyzing the reality of the business: assess how your business works is key to defining the technology tools and devices needed for digital transformation.
- Design a digital strategy: nowadays it is not enough to have a presence on the Internet, but it's imperative to know how to position yourself and have greater visibility. To do this, it's important to design a digital strategy that allows you to define your goals and your customers' profile, as well as choosing the channels that will best help you meet your goals.
- Select web platforms: without a web platform it is not possible to digitize. In this sense, it's important to create a strong website with various SEO techniques that allow you to generate authority on the Internet. The website is the visible element of your organization to the digital world.
- Training workers: digital transformation involves the use of technology in the company's processes to improve and optimize its results, therefore, worker training and training needs to be encouraged as technology also advances and develops.
Challenges for businesses in their digital transformation
Obstacles companies face in their digital transformation
Digital transformation is also a challenge for your business. It means changing not only your company's distribution model, but also the organizational model. We refer to a renewal both internally and externally. And in this process companies also face several challenges, mainly at the beginning.
Some obstacles that prevent companies from implementing digital transformation are:
- Lack of initiative: the main barrier that companies face in their digital transformation is the lack of initiative to address this process of innovation.
- Technical difficulties: the absence of skilled personnel is another problem that many companies still face in the quest to implement deep transformation programs.
- Reputation and security: most executives and managers fear for the reputation of their companies, and the potential security breach with the adoption of more robust digital strategies.
- Company culture: one of the most complex and time-solving challenges is to change certain cultural aspects of companies before developing digital transformation programs and implementing them.
- IT problems: IT plays a key role in all stages of digital transformation, any problem in that department has a direct impact on the proper functioning and result of the digitization of the business.
Local networks for business management
Local networks mark your company's computing destination
The local area networks (Lan) are crucial to managing your business and achieving higher performance. This type of network was developed to enable the rapid transmission of larger amounts of data. Operating LAN infrastructure requires significant human and economic resources. Its range depends on both the standard used and the transmission medium and increases through a signal amplifier.
LAN networks allow for convenient information exchange between the various devices connected to the network. In the enterprise environment, it is common for multiple work teams to access common file servers, network printers or applications over the LAN.
If the local network takes place wirelessly, you can talk in this case about a Wireless Local Area Network (Wlan) or wireless local area network. Thanks to this type of network it is possible to integrate terminals comfortably into a home or enterprise network and are compatible with Ethernet LAN networks.
In InformaticaPro we take care of everything related to the active components of a corporate network, we configure ports and access points.
We help you and advise you in the best way to make the transformation of your business a success.
You can contact us here: